Author Topic: Fontain of Youth permanently shut down! :-(  (Read 534 times)

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
Fontain of Youth permanently shut down! :-(
« on: January 11, 2022, 09:01:07 am »
Fontain of Youth permanently shut down! :-(

https://www.facebook.com/fountain.of.youth.game/posts/4982748751756768

Hi all,
It's been a while since we've last updated you on The Fountain of Youth. Unfortunately, while we love this project dearly and we understand how much it means to you, we've made the incredibly difficult decision to halt production on the game indefinitely due to personal reasons.
Since its inception, development on The Fountain of Youth has been anything but straightforward, but we have to admit that these last few years have been especially harrowing. Between multiple team changes, international moves, the pandemic, and career rollercoasters, we've found ourselves with less and less time to dedicate to The Fountain of Youth, to the point where we simply aren't making the progress necessary to reach the finish line. The weight of the creator's guilt wasn't helping, either.
Many of you may be disappointed. Some of you may even feel hurt or angry. Those feelings are completely valid, but we hope you can respect our decision and take this news in stride. Please know that your support over the years has been invaluable, and it's something that has kept us going for much longer than we thought possible.
Wishing you all the best,
The Fountain of Youth Team

Doesn't matter, we're still going. I'm not joking.

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
Re: Fontain of Youth permanently shut down! :-(
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 12:37:25 pm »
On the plus side : Miez (Misja Van Latuum) has published all his unused assets for Fountain of Youth : https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59608.msg636641264#msg636641264

Offline Jag

• Graphic Artist
  • Team artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 05:09:33 am »
Is anyone else still active on this project? Haven't seen an update on the forum in a long time it seems.

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 05:35:07 pm »
Is anyone else still active on this project? Haven't seen an update on the forum in a long time it seems.

Yes, I'm still active. Very very slow, but active