Author Topic: Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders 30th Anniversary Theme Music Flamenco Ve  (Read 177 times)

Offline Toxic Tuba

• Project Team Member
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile

Zak McKracken was first released in 1988 by then Lucas Filmgames and was the second game to feature the famous SCUMM engine and an interface without textparser but with verbs on screen where you click together the actions you want to perform. The esoteric themes and places took adventure gamer's hearts by storm and except for some tricky but still solvable mazes and some mean dead ends it is a true classic to the point and click genre. The soundtrack by Matthey Kane is pumping with bass and a hypnotic melody.
As Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders turns 30 this year (2018) this video is a hommage to the 30th anniversay of the great game Zak McKracken and features a Flamenco version of that mentioned soundtrack recorded by NecroPolo. What would the heros of the game do when they dance the Flamenco.

Big thanks to the whole AGS community!

Credits

* Toxic Tuba
Idea, Concept, Coding in Adventure Game Studio, Additional Art

* selmiak
Animation

* JimReed
Animation

* Hobo
Animation

* David Fox
* Matthew Kane
* Ron Gilbert
* Gary Winnick
* David Spangler
* Martin Cameron
original Characters

* NecroPolo
Zak (McKrackenica edition) (Audio)

* Matthew Allan Kane
Original Score

* freesound.org
* various contributors
all soundeffects

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
Nice!

Zak was the first point and click adventure game that I played... Back in 1995 on an Amiga 500.

Online selmiak

• incredible
  • Project Tech-Admin
    • View Profile
    • selmiak's webseite
I probably played Maniac Mansion before I played Zak McKracken, but I can't quite remember :P

What a fun project this was and the outcome is great. Matthew Alan Kane even commented on the video  8)