Author Topic: FAQs  (Read 7827 times)

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
FAQs
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »
Here are some FAQs about Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold. Some I have been asked already and some are potential questions that are likely to be asked.

When will the game be released? Is there a release date set?
There is no release date set. Due to the nature of fan-made games, I don't believe that it is practical to set a release date. So I can only say that the game will be released when it is finished. 

Will there be a demo released for the game anytime soon?
Yes, there will be. As of the writing of this, the Barnett College section of the game is in development. When this section is finished, it will be released as an interactive demo. Also a non-interactive rolling-demo featuring some of the game's artwork, animation, and music may be released eventually.

What platform(s) will the game be available for?
The game will be for Windows PCs.

What will be the system requirements required to play the game?
Roughly the minimum system requirements will be:
*   Pentium or higher processor (500mhz or better)
*   64 Mb RAM
*   Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 5 or above
*   A DirectX-compatible sound and video card

What development tool / game engine is being used to make the game?
The game is being made with Adventure Game Studio (AGS).

How will this game be distributed?
When the game is finished, it will be available for free-download from the Binary Legends website.

What style interface will be used in the game?
The game will have an interface styled after the LucasArt's SCUMM engine used in games like Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

When will the game be set?
It is set in 1940, one year after the events in Fate of Atlantis.

Will there be a fist fighting sequence in the game like in Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis?
Yes, a fist fighting sequence is planned.

Will the game have an IQ point system like in Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis?
Yes, an IQ point system is planned.

Will there be set paths through the game (Fists, Team, Wits) like in Fate of Atlantis?
No. Seven Cities is going to be more like the Last Crusade Adventure. You will be able to choose at certain points if you want to use an action method or a wits method. IE - There is a Nazi guard that Indy has to get past. So the player can choose to: Punch out the guard - (Action), or find a way to sneak past him - (Wits). While there won't be major set paths through the game, there will be some branch off points depending on what action the player takes in certain spots.

Will there be voice acting in the game?
Voice acting is definitely a possibility.

If the sun is on fire how come there is no smoke?
What?!

I'm a good ________. Can I help work on the game?
Yes. Please contact me (doctorfargo) and tell me what you would like to do. Please send me a sample of your work as well.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:17:46 pm by selmiak »