Author Topic: Recruitments  (Read 15251 times)

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
Recruitments
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:07:25 pm »
If you are interested in helping out with our project and becoming a team member, then post in this thread!

Offline planetmirror13

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitments
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:56:25 pm »
Holy Guacamole!
I would jump at the chance to help with this project in any way. Some of my fondest childhood memories recall spelunking with Dr. Jones in the labyrinth below Atlantis and battling the evil pirate LeChuck with voodoo rootbeer! I even got in on the police quest series (A fridge full of heads! ahhhhh! :) I have been using AGS for about a year now and have a basic understanding of the system (ie Room building, objects, hotspots, character views, etc) and have been slowly putting together a game of my own. I would love to put some energy toward this. One skill I have a knack for is pixel art, I can make objects, inventory, gui buttons, etc. I'm also a writer, but I imagine those shoes have been filled, seeing as the game-story has come so far already (7 cities of gold) sounds like the conceptual work is over for the most part. I have a basic understanding of AGS scripting as well, but would feel less confident in this arena, as I am still learning. Please let me know if there's any way I can get involved in any capacity!!!! Looking forward to hearing back and I can't wait to play another Indy point and click!!!!

Offline selmiak

• incredible
  • Project Tech-Admin
    • View Profile
    • selmiak's webseite
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »
hi and welcome to the forums :)
Have you ever worked on another game or is there any place online where you showcase your art?

Offline Jag

• Graphic Artist
  • Team artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 09:00:29 pm »
I'd definitely be interested in working on this project as an artist.
Typically, most of my craft is done traditionally but I'm also equipped and capable of working in the necessary digital format for the game.

http://jagoftroy.deviantart.com/ - My (growing)gallery

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 09:45:04 pm »
Hey JAG - we would be very interested in any help you could give to our project.

I'll send you a PM with more details.  :)

Offline Moloko

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:21:38 am »
As promised, I'm here to help out on a couple background. Please state the backgrounds you need, the exact dimensions, the required features and possibly a palette and style. It would help a lot if you could send me a previously finished background that is entirely acceptable, too. Please send to wimdehert@hotmail.com

Moloko

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:45:50 am »
Welcome Moloko! I'm "monsieur ouxx" from the AGS forums. Allow me to introduce who is who :
- our project leader is doctorfargo. He's the historical creator of the project, even though he's more of an encouraging presence at the moment ;)
- selmiak is rather active in a variety of things : webmaster, additional graphics, general support
- I've been quite active int he last few months for backgrounds drawing.
- Christian Camillieri has been helping with 3 backgrounds very recently
- We had older members such as Snaker8 and t1m0who produced a lot but are busy with "real life"
- Jag just joined and I've just started giving him directions.

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

I'll come back to you asap to give you directions. You needto wait until you're able to see the private part of the forum (with all the backgrounds and scripts and stuff). That will happen when the admin adds you.

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »
- our project leader is doctorfargo. He's the historical creator of the project, even though he's more of an encouraging presence at the moment ;)

More like the dark phantom who lurks in the shadows, wahahaha!  :o

Offline drewccu

• Musician
  • Music is what feelings sound like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 12:24:16 am »
Sorry for the double post, you may delete my other thread if you wish. I will just copy it here:

I am a professional composer/arranger. I have a degree in music and have been writing and arranging music for the last 15 years. I'm the staff arranger and composer for a local community band in my area. While I am well versed in many different styles of music, the kind of music I will deliver can be best described as cinematic. Orchestrations in the style of modern film (aka John Williams) - and on that note he is my favorite composer - and working on an Indiana Jones project would be an absolute dream! I am not limited to this lush orchestral style, though. I am very capable of other types of scores: piano, jazz, more contemporary, you name it really. I write in Finale and export to mp3 (or OGG, or whatever format best suits your needs) using real instrument sounds. Keep in mind - I can also do midi sounds (instead of real sounds) if you're looking for more of an 80's/90's game vibe.

I'm not expecting to get paid, just looking to rebuild my original compositions portfolio. Unfortunately, my old computer died not too long ago and most of my old original music wasn't backed up. :-( However, I do have a few small things I could let you hear. Give this a listen:

https://www.mediafire.com/?j63090m2vyi5ut4

http://www.mediafire.com/download/njp5yj83dff9fda/A+Korean+Tribute.mp3

I have worked on other AGS games in the past - many of them where never completed but a few of them have been.

If you DO need help with music, I have a proposal. Discuss with me what you're looking for in terms of music. I'll write a piece or two for you and if you like it well enough to use it, we can go from there. If you think it doesn't suit the style or sound you want, then we can discuss it and correct it, or if it's just not something you think will work that is fine too - I won't be offended by any means. At the very least it will allow me to start rebuilding my portfolio. :-) However, I'm sure that we will be able to work something out.

If you DO NOT need help with music, disregard everything I just said. lol. Like I said, just trying to get back into writing music for independent games and when I see a project that looks promising to me and I would like to work on it, I have to ask if help is needed. ^.^

Hope to be able to help you guys out, and if not, good luck with your project!
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

Offline AlbertX

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 08:43:43 pm »
Hi Guys, I would like to help. I must say I have never made any other game, I have been playing adventure games for more than 25 years, so I would love to help.

I understand that just playing isn't enough. I have been  programing and scripting as my work, not using AGS of course, but I think it would no be a problem to understand and help with that part.

I also have medium to advance knowledge in photoshop, 3dsmax, premiere and after effects.

so if you find anything I can offer useful, let me know

Offline Tremulas

• Scripter
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
Welcome !

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »
Hi Guys, I would like to help.

Hi Albert!
I've just come back from holidays -- i don't know about the others :D
Yes, your help would be much appreciated!

It's a pity that you never scripted with AGS, but considering you can program, I'm sure you could learn very quickly.
Also, it's cool that you can use After Effects and other advanced tools. Can you draw? I mean, did you ever draw small animations in pixel-art? Would you feel up to the task of animating some elements in the background or stuff like that?

Let me know. Thanks again for offering to help!

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 08:23:58 pm »
Hey Albert!

Yes! We would be very much interested in any help you would be willing to offer to the project.  :)

Offline AlbertX

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 07:02:00 pm »
Hi guys, sorry for the late answer, for a moment I tought this was abandoned.

Well I could try to animate some backgrounds in Pixel art if you guys want to, so if you guys want send me something you guys want animated and I will try to do my best :D

About AGS, yeah unfortunately I have never used, since I never had any kind of project to do.

But I think the best is always to start by doing something.

So if you guys want me to try or help I will, I have enough knowledge for sure to help graphically and or with AGS.

Just send me the task you guys need done and I will try my best.

I will be out from 2 weeks for work and vacations (1week and 1 week) starting next week so, before or after that I will be here :D

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:54:49 pm »
If you're still interested in helping us out, AlbertX, then let us know!