Author Topic: Recruitments  (Read 8445 times)

Offline selmiak

• incredible
  • Project Tech-Admin
    • View Profile
    • selmiak's webseite
Re: Recruitments
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2017, 11:30:19 PM »
@gerbel:
we are no way close to recording voiceacting, but just for fun, would you do an indy voice and record it and upload to soundcloud or similar for us to listen please :)
We also have Maverick Gunn, indys archaelogist enemy or a sherpa at the beginning in tibet.

@alliethehamster
nice to read you and your offer. I listened through your soundcloud and it's pretty impressive, I like the witch and the automated phone voice :D
We have no female roles in the beginning chapters, but later elisabeth appears, she is the indy lady for this adventure, give it a try :)

Offline trist007

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 06:40:11 PM »
I loved Fate of the Atlantis.  I'd love to help.  I can program in C and C++.

-Tristan

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:06 PM »
I loved Fate of the Atlantis.  I'd love to help.  I can program in C and C++.

-Tristan

Our game is being made in AGS which uses the AGS scripting language. AGS scripting is not too hard to use - If you think you can handle it - let us know!

Offline selmiak

• incredible
  • Project Tech-Admin
    • View Profile
    • selmiak's webseite
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2017, 08:54:39 PM »
Ags Script is easy when you can code in C and C++. Maybe tremulas can give you more assitance in what we need and you can do.

Offline Tremulas

• Scripter
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »
Mathieus is preparing the scenario and the puzzles for me to script. In a couple of weeks if Math is ready I can start scripting.

I will cooperate with Tristan if needed. If I can handle it all alone, then Tristan should cooperate with Mathieus for more challenging scripting  parts .

For the moment I believe Mathieus is so busy that he didnt even notice Tristans offer !

Offline trist007

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 09:48:23 PM »
Ok sounds good. I'd love to see this game flourish as I loved Fate of the Atlantis.  I'll review AGS and let me know what I can do.  Also, I hate to admit but the security question of

"what does indy wear on his head? A Fedora ... (even kind of rhymes with head)"

had me clueless.  I had to keep refreshing the page until I got another security question. 

-Tristan

Offline Tremulas

• Scripter
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
Tristan stay in touch, Mathieu (our Project Leader aka Jeancallisti) will contact you asap

Offline trist007

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »
Ok cool ty.

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2017, 01:18:11 PM »
Ok cool ty.

Tristan did I ever contact you? With the summer holiday I completely forgot if I did

Offline stickgrinder

• Slave of my nostalgic self
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 06:55:40 PM »
Hello everybody. My first post here.

I'm a trained musician, professional programmer and father of two, fond of LucasFilm/Arts AGs of the Golden Age.
I always cultivated the dream of bringing my own AG to life and with a friend I started working on something the last year. We spent some time on game definition document, puzzles schema and storylines, then he also became father and our endeavor ground to a halt.

Creating a whole new AG while being an 8pm warrior is very difficult, so when I stumbled on your project I decided that I could pursue my dreams helping you instead of "wasting" energy alone.

So here I am. I can provide coding and music. I'm educated (not self-thought) in both coding and music and do both since my teens. You can visit my site to hear my songwriting for both my main genre and some soundtrack experiments.
I can also provide Italian translations and Linux testing (I code AGS in a Windows environment but basically live in debian/Ubuntu, so I can run the game and test it out).
I consider my English decent enough to provide the bulk of dialogues or narrative for revision by a mother-toungue, if this can be of any help.

Sadly I'm not a visual artist, so I can't help that much with pixel art or backgrounds.

I'd really like to get a grasp on what's the current state of the project... have you got a clear task board? How communication happens? Are there a VCS repository for contributions? The more solid the productive process, the most I can make out of my spare time :)

Hope to have the occasion to jump on board.
Let me know :)

Cheers!
"Doors, doors everywhere... but where is the bathroom?"

Offline Tremulas

• Scripter
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »
Hi , welcome and happy new year !!!  :D

Its pleasant to have a multi talented volunteer like you. Mathieu (aka Jeancallisti here at forum ) is our project Leader and I am sure he will assign any task , so you can join our team !

Welcome again , and make sure you enjoy being member of the creation of this project

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 04:45:06 PM »
Hello everybody. My first post here.

Hello stickgrinder!

I'll answer your questions and then I'll ask you some.

Mainly, you're asking about the state of the project. My answer will baffle you, but bear with me : It's been several years since the project has started, and yet it's still only less than 20% achieved. Don't run away yet! That's due to its participative nature; people come and go and it causes the overall knowledge and vision to be very volatile. And yet there are good chances that the project gets finished! Have you ever heard of "Indiana Jones and the fountain of Youth"? They started 15 years ago, and yet they're not too far from finishing their game. We're hoping to finish faster than them by trying to harness contributions from more people (it's slower to integrate new assets but each asset gets produced faster).

In the case of our project, it has followed the same chatic road as fan games : At first, there was a vision (rough, movie-style scenario) by a person. Then after several years, he managed to put a demo together. Then the game started scaling up and hit some sort of glass ceiling regarding its tools. Now we're on the verge of overcoming those difficulties and we're in th process of carefully turning the storyline into an actual set of puzzles and locations that make sense from a point n' click perspective.

What is your favorite adventure game? As you can guess we're fans of Fate of Atlantis ;) But we're trying to take the best ideas from more modern games.

Anyways, your contributions (especially music at this stage) are very welcome.

My questions now :
- do you know Adventure Game Studio aka AGS?
- if yes, can you script in AGS?
- when you make music, what's your process? -do you use electronic tools? Like, stuff that turns partitions into MIDI, or do you use an actual keyboard, etc.?
- would you be willing to share your work documents with us? Maybe we culd salvage some of your ideas to make Seven Cities of Gold (7CoG for short) a better game?

Offline stickgrinder

• Slave of my nostalgic self
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »
Hi jeancallisti (and Tremulas), thanks for your detailed post.

First of all, I want to point out that my main concern about the state of the project was not the advancement state (not scared of long-running projects), but the structure of the process and communication. I have past experiences in fan-projects (not videogames) that went awry and eventually wrecked not for lack of effort or skills but for lack of organization. That's why I asked.

I'll try my best to reply to your questions:

- I forgot to mention that I already know AGS. Went through the whole documentation and did some demo to get a grasp on it. Scripting is not a problem! Never released anything with it, nor have I worked with others on an AGS project, but I perform daily teamwork on large codebases so I guess it won't be a problem. Consider me proficient but still not fluent.

- As for music, my approach is very mixed. I'm a trained drummer since late 90s, plus I can play (at different extents and not professinally) guitar/bass and keyboards. I almost always produce music starting from the staff, so I usually work in a sequencer, get the arrangement done, then mix or record my parts as needed starting from there. I can then produce a full range of artefacts, from music sheets, to MIDI tracks, to digital music, to recorded stuff (even if I'm not the best in mixing and mastering, but I guess we won't go taking recorded tracks after all?). I do all my work in my home studio.
So technically speaking I guess I can work things out: my tastes and fantasy may be the deal braker but for this I guess we have to try and see if I can match what you want for the game.

- As for my gaming documents, I prefer to take actual data reserved since I'm not the only interested party and my mate will eventually come back from this first months of fatherhood. On the other end I'd really really like to share how we went through the envisioning process, how we came up with puzzles structure and share with you a couple of tricks for project management and domain analysis that I use everyday, if this helps. I really don't know how far you went with "planning and documenting" but this is to me the key to allow the community to volunteer work with little overhead. I may be wrong, just applying my experience in FOSS here.

As for my favorite game... I discovered AGs with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, so I'm definitively and Indy fan. But I can't help considering the first two Monkey Island chapters my true love!

Now what? :) Next steps?
"Doors, doors everywhere... but where is the bathroom?"

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »
How about I share some pointers for a few musical cues?
This way you can produce some melodies to start easy, and then maybe a few tunes.

Keep in mind that we have those two very strict requirements :
- it's video game music. It means: ambiant music. Something that can't be a glorious musical track, but instead something that gives a place a unique atmosphere BUT doesn't get drilled into the player's head after just 10 minutes.
- it's Indiana Jones so it has to sound like John Williams ;)