Author Topic: The Marlo Files - Remastered Edition  (Read 2201 times)

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
The Marlo Files - Remastered Edition
« on: May 21, 2015, 03:29:19 AM »

Download:
http://binarylegends.cbm8bit.com/dl/the_marlo_files_remastered_edition.d64

This is a compilation of two text adventure games. Join Sammy Marlo, Private Eye as he searches for stolen paintings in the Museum Caper and goes on the trail of a missing scientist in Dial M for Marlo.

These two games were created with the Questwriter text adventure creator.

Full instructions on how to play the games are included on the disk. Also In case you get stuck while playing the games, full solutions are also included.

To control the pointer in the menu program, you can:
1) Use a 1351 mouse in Port 1. (Winvice users can press Alt-Q to emulate a 1351 mouse)
2) Use a joystick in Port 2.
3) Use the cursor keys to move and use the space or return keys to click.

The version of Questreader on the disk has been patched to enable it run from any drive - so the Marlo Files will run from any Commodore drive number.

This release is freeware.

In order to run The Marlo Files, you will need to use a Commodore 64 emulator. We recommend VICE and Emu64.

WHAT'S NEW IN THE REMASTERED EDITION
Among the changes are a new title screen, tweaks and corrections to in-game text, and some changes to some of the puzzles.

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
Re: The Marlo Files - Remastered Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »
Hey nice C64 title screen. I'm not familiar with these rectangular pixels by I can appreciate good colors when I see them ;)

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
Re: The Marlo Files - Remastered Edition
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 04:16:19 PM »
Hey nice C64 title screen. I'm not familiar with these rectangular pixels by I can appreciate good colors when I see them ;)

I grew up on the C64 (and the Amiga) so the odd resolution (160 x 200) doesn't bother me.