Author Topic: Art Policy  (Read 2043 times)

Offline FredFive

• Project Team Member
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
Art Policy
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:01:38 pm »
Sorry in  advance if this has already been discussed.
Anyways, just wanted to know if you guys have any policy against showing of/getting feedback on artwork on the AGS forums. In my opinion it's valuable to receive critique from the other ags'ers, maintaining a buzz and get people excited. On the other hand, one does not want to spoil the game or have all backgrounds for public viewing before the game is out.
Any opinions?

Offline Jag

• Graphic Artist
  • Team artist
    • View Profile
Re: Art Policy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:25 pm »
Could probably start with some of us giving more feedback right here on the forums. I'll look for your posts.

Offline doctorfargo

• Project Leader
  • The Man with the Hat is Back in Action...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 02:04:48 am »
As JAG said, post here and get feedback from the fellow team members first, but I'm not against posting some artwork on the AGS forums, as long as it's not every single piece of art / background.

Offline selmiak

• incredible
  • Project Tech-Admin
    • View Profile
    • selmiak's webseite
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 08:31:30 pm »
I agree with everything said in this thread. I think we are growing as a team lately and it also helps to keep our team spirit when we don't post everything outside of our own city of gold.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:38:12 pm by selmiak »

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 09:39:04 pm »
@Fred: considering you've been producing amazing work, I think you're totally allowed to show off ;)

Just so you know: there will be be a complete "overhaul" of everything at some stage, most likely when the new demo will be released. that's when we'll put a lot of effort into changing our image (new website, new screeshots, maybe a video, etc.). So my (very personal plan) is to release lots of stuff when that happens. However we have nothing against a little teasing every now and then.

Offline Red Fez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:26 pm »
I enjoy looking at your artwork and small teasers (e.g. animated sprites) too, be it here or on the AGS forums.

Offline FredFive

• Project Team Member
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 11:52:45 am »
Has it been long since any progress has been shown on the AGS forums?