Author Topic: Translations  (Read 41829 times)

Offline n0l4n

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
Re: Translations
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2020, 10:00:16 pm »
Thanks. Still working on the overall system on my end. Thank you for your patience. In the mean time maybe you could help uploading the Italian translation to code share?

Edit: here it is

https://codeshare.io/299PwV

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2020, 09:49:01 pm »
Thanks. Still working on the overall system on my end. Thank you for your patience. In the mean time maybe you could help uploading the Italian translation to code share?

Edit: here it is

https://codeshare.io/299PwV
Excellent. Thanks!

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2020, 02:31:00 pm »
@nol4n could you please check if there are any issues with this demo in Italian? https://we.tl/t-c6iCJ0fuQ4

IMPORTANT:
- It doesn't have special Italian characters. " è " is shown as " e' ", and so on. It will not be fixed, so don't waste your time trying to fix it. This will be fixed only in "Relic of the Viking".
- The text "Press F5 to open the menu" is missing a translation.

Offline n0l4n

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2020, 12:06:54 am »
@nol4n could you please check if there are any issues with this demo in Italian? https://we.tl/t-c6iCJ0fuQ4

IMPORTANT:
- It doesn't have special Italian characters. " è " is shown as " e' ", and so on. It will not be fixed, so don't waste your time trying to fix it. This will be fixed only in "Relic of the Viking".
- The text "Press F5 to open the menu" is missing a translation.

The name should be "Indiana Jones e le sette città d'oro" instead of "dell'oro".

"Press F5 to open the menu" is "Premi F5 per aprire il menù", just in case you need it.

"Moments Later" and "Meanwhile" are left in English (shuld be "Poco dopo..." e "Intanto...)

When you try to use an object on a target, verbs turn from italian to English in the highlighted light blue text (as shown the attached image).

The line "Non dovresti esserne sorpreso, sei stato in ozio tutto l'anno!" sounds a bit off. Like it's kind of an old way of speaking, I'd recommend "Non dovresti esserne sorpreso, hai oziato tutto l'anno!"

Marcus' telegram has no translation.

Nothing else to report, everything else seems to be in order.

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2020, 08:49:55 am »
The name should be "Indiana Jones e le sette città d'oro" instead of "dell'oro".
Dammit! Last time this game was translated, an Italian speaker already pointed that out and the original translator was not agreeing. But I agree with you. This text is just super annoying to fix in the image, but it has to be done.
EDIT: FIXED

"Press F5 to open the menu" is "Premi F5 per aprire il menù" > GREAT

"Moments Later" and "Meanwhile" are left in English (shuld be "Poco dopo..." e "Intanto...) > I don't think I'll translate that. It's an image. You can do it if you want to.

When you try to use an object on a target, verbs turn from italian to English in the highlighted light blue text (as shown the attached image). > GOOD CATCH

The line "Non dovresti esserne sorpreso, sei stato in ozio tutto l'anno!" sounds a bit off. Like it's kind of an old way of speaking, I'd recommend "Non dovresti esserne sorpreso, hai oziato tutto l'anno!" > NOTED

Marcus' telegram has no translation. > I won't fix that. I'll make Indy say the translation aloud.
[/color]

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 06:45:26 pm by jeancallisti »

Offline n0l4n

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2020, 11:47:26 pm »
Dammit! Last time this game was translated, an Italian speaker already pointed that out and the original translator was not agreeing. But I agree with you. This text is just super annoying to fix in the image, but it has to be done.
EDIT: FIXED

"Press F5 to open the menu" is "Premi F5 per aprire il menù" > GREAT

"Moments Later" and "Meanwhile" are left in English (shuld be "Poco dopo..." e "Intanto...) > I don't think I'll translate that. It's an image. You can do it if you want to.

When you try to use an object on a target, verbs turn from italian to English in the highlighted light blue text (as shown the attached image). > GOOD CATCH

The line "Non dovresti esserne sorpreso, sei stato in ozio tutto l'anno!" sounds a bit off. Like it's kind of an old way of speaking, I'd recommend "Non dovresti esserne sorpreso, hai oziato tutto l'anno!" > NOTED

Marcus' telegram has no translation. > I won't fix that. I'll make Indy say the translation aloud.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

The original translator got that wrong. To clarify: using "dell'" is not wrong - grammatically speaking, but the legend of the seven cities of gold is known as "Le sette città d'oro", and that's how we're used to refer to it so that's how it should be. I wasn't sure myself, had to check on wikipedia and a few articles around the internet and they all use "d'oro".

As for the "Moments later" and "meanwhile", could there be a translation line appearing on those screens maybe? Or I could easily make the images, if you could tell me which resolution and font I should use.

Making Indy read marcus' telegram out loud works, do you need a translation for that?

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2020, 02:03:35 pm »
As for the "Moments later" and "meanwhile", could there be a translation line appearing on those screens maybe? Or I could easily make the images, if you could tell me which resolution and font I should use.

Making Indy read marcus' telegram out loud works, do you need a translation for that?
I think I'll add a "narrator" voice over for both; Let me make it work and then I'll ask you for the text. Of course, it would be nice if you prepared the text in advance : "moments later" and the telegram's text.

Offline Bjoerk

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
Swedish translation
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2020, 08:06:40 pm »
If you are interested, i can see if I can make a swedish translation...

Offline Cassiebsg

• Project Team Member
  • There are those you believe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2020, 09:31:05 pm »
Bjoerk, all translations are welcome. :)

Download the original trs from the first post.

You can use this online editor for writing your translated lines in:
https://tzachshabtay.github.io/ags-trs-editor/

Use the load icon (cloud with up arrow) and select the original file. Use the i icon on the right if you're in doubt about if a line is suppose to be translated or not and how to format lines with %d or %s ... (It's the same warning that is on top of the TRS file). When you done just save the file to your HD. Next time you want to work on it again or change anything just load your trs file and continue where you left off (lines are now numbered and you can jump to line X at).
Also, advantage is if, you have spell check on your browser, you can use it to control your own spelling.  :D

If you decide to use notepad to do the translations be very careful not to change anything on the original lines. Using the above web editor removes the danger of messing it up.  ;)

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2020, 05:54:57 pm »
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a whole section containing dialogs that are not in the demo. It's a section with students complaining about the topic of their final exam and about Indy wondering what exam he should give them. I believe it should be easily recognizable, if you've played the demo.

Those do not need to be translated (apologies for not spotting that earlier)

Also, a reminder that any kind of technical text or error messages should not be translated.
Finally, do not translate any line that does not appear in English. It means it was already translated.

Please post the result on CodeShare. https://codeshare.io  That will be automatically UTF-8 but when I'll save it locally I'll save it as Windows 1252 (that's my own business)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:30:05 pm by jeancallisti »

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2020, 06:23:27 pm »
@n0l4n : This needs to be translated to Italian :

cNarrator2.Say("HAVE FOUND SOMETHING OF INTEREST WHILE ON TRIP TO AMERICAN SOUTHWEST");
        cNarrator2.Say("STOP");
        cNarrator2.Say("IT COULD BE IMPORTANT ARCHEOLOGICAL FIND");
        cNarrator2.Say("STOP");
        cNarrator2.Say("SUGGEST YOU COME OUT TO FLAGSTAFF ARIZONA TO MEET ME");
        cNarrator2.Say("STOP");
        cNarrator2.Say("I AM STAYING AT THE FLAGSTAFF SUNRISE HOTEL");
        cNarrator2.Say("STOP");
        cNarrator2.Say("MARCUS BRODY");

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2020, 08:30:32 pm »
Added a few comments for Bjoerk two posts above.

Offline Giocherellone

• I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:54 am »
Hi friends! :D

My name is Paolo, and I'm one of the Italian translator of the FIRST demo of this beautiful project.

Precisely as a translator, I am fully aware of any situation in which one may encounter personal interpretations, so how much I write is only a clarification. I have no intention of creating animosity.

I would like to report how strange it sounds to me what was written before.

I'm going to report what I remember.

- The title question.

Quote from: n0l4n

In the Italian "Arena80" forum, we discussed how to render the Italian title.

http://forum.arena80.it/index.php?topic=5939.0

At the time I had also tried to ask Doctor Fargo some explanations about that gold, but I wasn't answered because otherwise the plot of the adventure would be revealed.

So the dilemma remained: were the cities built in gold ("Città d'oro"), or were the cities where the gold could be found ("Città dell'oro")?

Having had no further clarification, it was decided for the solution you know. ;)

- Menu F5

"Press F5 to open the menu" is "Premi F5 per aprire il menù", just in case you need it.

In the demo I have, there is NOT this issue (?!?)

- Screenshots translated

"Moments Later" and "Meanwhile" are left in English (shuld be "Poco dopo..." e "Intanto...)

... But those screenshots HAD BEEN TRANSLATED! O_O

Example:

- Telegram

Marcus' telegram has no translation.

Yes, of course it was translated! Here to you:

- The italian GUI

When you try to use an object on a target, verbs turn from italian to English in the highlighted light blue text

In my PC this never happens! O_O

EDIT:
YES... It happens, but ONLY with the verb "use".

At first I thought that these differences depended on the different operating systems used, but I tried with both Windows XP and Windows 10, and it all worked fine.

Well, what can I say? Maybe the old demo has been upgraded to a new version of AGS, so some things are not working properly anymore?

In any case the version with the Italian translation (fully functional), both compiled and source, is still available here:

https://filedn.com/lkLsMLMYh4FhvNjoMRmt1nF/Giocherellone/IndianaJones-SevenCities/IJ-7-Citta.zip
https://filedn.com/lkLsMLMYh4FhvNjoMRmt1nF/Giocherellone/IndianaJones-SevenCities/IJ-7-Citta(source).zip

I take this opportunity to thank again Aprilskies from the AGS forum for the work done for this demo on the occasion of the translation into Italian (programming and graphics).

@n0l4n
Weeks ago, when you started to translate this new fantastic demo "Indiana Jones and the relik of the Viking", I proposed you by PM to collaborate... Have you seen my message?

I remain available for any clarification or anything else I can help you with.

Again lots of COMPLIMENTS for this demo and my best wishes for the project!

A hug from Italy!

Paolo "Giocherellone" ;)

Offline jeancallisti

• Lead Artist
  • I love Indy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2020, 08:46:28 am »
Thanks a lot Paolo,

Indeed, I overlooked some assets that had been translated; I did a sloppy job on the old demo when unifying the source codes.
I will insert those graphics into the updated version.

Current state of affairs :

Old demo
- Everything functional, in English and in Italian.
- Everything translated (added subtitles under non-translated graphics)
- Added new screen at startup to select language at runtime.
- TODO : insert the translated graphics that Paolo pointed out.

Relic of the Viking :
- Added new screen at startup to select language at runtime. The language is saved for subsequent runs and not asked again.
- Added "Paris, 1938" in intro sequence.
- Bug fix : Cannot click anymore on catacombs hotspots during intro while "Indiana jones and the..." is displayed on screen.
- Gameplay : disabled and enabled Norwegian harbour hotspots better when Indy walks from church to harbour and vice versa
- English, German and Italian fully functional.
- TODO: Wait on Swedish translations
- TODO: Wait on French translations
- TODO: Add missing special characters to "FoA credits font 1"
- TODO (blocking) : Problem with switching languages when running the embedded old demo
- TODO: A few missing translations from new Strings I introduced, in particular on the title screen (New game, Load...). Please do not do anything until I release a new version.
- TODO: Most critical bug fixes listed in support thread.

More generally, please refrain from doing any changes to anything until I release the new test version.

Offline Cassiebsg

• Project Team Member
  • There are those you believe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2020, 11:41:35 am »
Just to add, that I'm working on a Portuguese translation and might do a Danish afterwards. (if anyone wants to help with this, like proofreading my translation, I would appreciate it very much. :) )